Cryptic Mason of the Year
- RECIPIENT – Cryptic Mason
- SPONSOR – Most Illustrious Grand Master
- AWARDED – Annual Awards
- AWARDING – Exemplary Service
- PRICE – COMPLIMENTS of the GENERAL GRAND COUNCIL (Annual)
- Replacement Medal – $25.00
- Replacement Lapel Pin – $10.00
- Replacement or Retroactive Certificate – $5.00
The 32nd Triennium of the General Grand Council saw the establishment of this award for each Grand and Subordinate Council to recognize one Select Master “for outstanding service to Cryptic Masonry.” Since 1975 several hundred have been awarded, and each Constituent Cryptic Grand Master is given the opportunity to recognize one Companion from the jurisdiction who exemplifies the attitude and activities of a Cryptic Mason, and from our Constituent Councils, one for the Triennium.
This honor is bestowed on a Companion who is from the “rank and file” and continuously works over and above the expectations of a member. This outstanding Select Master should be selected using the following criteria:
- Only one medal may be awarded annually to a Cryptic Mason in each affiliated Grand Council.
- Only one medal may be awarded triennially to a Cryptic Mason in each Constituent Council of the General Grand Council.
- Each Grand Council and each Constituent Council shall determine its own method of selecting the Cryptic Mason of the Year in its jurisdiction.
- No posthumous awards shall be made.
- The award shall be made only for exceptional and meritorious service to Cryptic Masonry above and beyond the call of duty. No Past or Present Grand Master, or any advancing line officer of a Grand Council shall be eligible for this award.
- The General Grand Recorder shall be given the Annual Awards Form for a Grand Council filled out in full by the Grand Recorder at least thirty (30) days in advance of the Grand Assembly (or date of presentation if different), forty-five (45) days if outside the continental United States. Constituent Councils shall give the form with the information of the selected Cryptic Mason at least six months prior to the next Triennial Assembly. These timelines allow for engraving, packaging and shipping, as well as some time for ensuring that all arrives as it should.
- The General Grand Recorder shall cause the name of the honoree to be engraved upon the medal and forwarded to the Grand Recorder or Recorder, as appropriate, at the earliest time following receipt of the completed forms.