Passing of MI Bill Price, PMIGM of California and Ambassador to California-North
By Phil Hardiman
Grand Recorder, Grand Council of Cryptic Masons of California
MI Bill Price
Past Grand Master of the Grand Council of California
In case you do not know, Most Illustrious William E. “Bill” Price, PMIPGM, KYGCH, Ambassador to California-North for the General Grand Council of Cryptic Masons, International, KCT, Grand Director of Ritual for the Grand Council Cryptic Masons; General Secretary 33° for all bodies for the Scottish Rite in Burlingame; and Secretary/Recorder for all three York Rite Bodies: King Solomon’s Chapter No. 95, California Council No.2, and Golden Gate Commandery No, 16, passed on to the Grand Celestial Lodge on Saturday, August 17, 2019 around 10:30 P.M.
Lady Janet has provided the following information about Bill’s condition and Celebration of Life to be held on September 21, 2019 at 6 pm:
- "Around June Bill was getting very pale, almost grayish, tired all the time. Turns out he had a 11.4cm X 8.5cm mass inside of his stomach that was bleeding. After an x-ray, CT scan and an endoscopy the tests revealed several enlarged lymph nodes in addition to the mass. On July 23 he was diagnosed with stage 4 Mantle cell lymphoma. He had 2 rounds of chemo. It was to be 4 week cycles for 6 months.
- I had to take Bill to the ER on Saturday 8/17- he was struggling to catch his breath. Just getting dressed, or walking to the bathroom & back had him gasping for air. He had been taken off blood thinners (for his atrial fibrillation) a month ago because of the cancer mass that was bleeding in his stomach. I lost him that night from blood clots that entered his heart.
- I find some peace that God in His mercy took Bill home that night as to not have him suffer from the cancer. A celebration of his life will be held at Burlingame Masonic Lodge on Saturday, September 21, 2019 at 6:00pm
- Please honor my family wishes for privacy. Notes and cards to our home are preferred and would be much appreciated.In lieu of flowers, Bill would’ve preferred donations in his name to Cryptic Masons Medical Research Foundation (CMMRF) sent to Tiny Potter.
- Janet Price
- 4004 Branson Dr.
- San Mateo, CA 94403"
The Burlingame Masonic Lodge is located at: 145 Park Rd, Burlingame, CA 94010-4316
Fred J. “Tiny” Potter’s address, for CMMRF donations, is: 345 N. Otono Ct, Camarillo CA 93012-6822
Thanks for your thoughtfulness and consideration in this difficult time for all of us, especially Janet and family.
Grand Council of Cryptic Masons of California, Officers 2016-2017, the year MI Bill Price was Grand Master
A Brief Overview of Most Illustrious Companion Price’s Masonic Journey
William E. Price, KYGCH, 33° - November 13, 1946-August 17, 2019
Bill comes to us from San Mateo, California. He is married to Janet, and they have two grown children, Amanda (32) and Dylan (22). He was born in Pensacola, Florida, but was raised in Hendersonville, North Carolina. Bill has been a member of the Stationary Engineers Union, Local 39 since 1983. He served as an auditor on their executive board until 2010. He was a rank and file contract negotiator and delegate to the San Mateo Labor Council.
- Raised - December 8, 1983 San Mateo Lodge #226
- 2003 - Served as Master for San Mateo Lodge #226
- 2008 - Served as Master for Burlingame Lodge #400
- 2007 - Hiram Award recipient, San Mateo Lodge #226
- Served as a candidate Coach for both of the above Lodges.
- 2005 - 2010 - Temple Board, San Mateo Lodge #226
- 2010 - 2014 - Inspector for Grand Lodge of California, District #333.
- 2015 - Grand Lodge Youth Orders committee.
Scottish Rite, Burlingame Bodies, AASR:
- 2004 - Venerable Master, Lodge of Perfection
- 2009 - Wise Master, Chapter of Rose Croix
- 2011 - Master of Kadosh of the Consistory
- 2004 - 2005 - Fellow of the Craft
- 2004 - Chieftain of the Knights of St. Andrew
- 2005 - Knight Commander Cross of Honor (KCCH) recipient
- Scottish Rite Lodge Membership Lodge Diplomat
- Stage Manager
- Chairman of the "Quiz Kids" Scholarship Program for the Scottish Rite and Peninsula York Rite Bodies
- 2013 - 2014 - Chairman for Scottish Rite Golf Tournament
- 2014 - current - General Secretary
- 2015 - recipient of 33rd Degree
Peninsula York Rite Bodies:
- 2005, 2006 - High priest of King Solomon's Chapter #95, Royal Arch Masons, San Mateo
- 2007 - Eminent Commander, Golden Gate Commandery #16, Knight Templars, San Mateo 2009 - Illustrious Master, California Cryptic Council #2, San Mateo
- 2010 - Knight of the York Cross of Honour
- 2010 - current - Secretary, Recorder of Peninsula York Rite Bodies Officer's Coach, King Solomon's Chapter #95
- 2004 - 2009 - Inspector, Dept. IV, Division A, Grand Commandery of California
- 2009 - 2014 - Assistant Director of Ritual, Division A, Grand Commandery of California
- 2010 - Cryptic Council Recorder of the Year
- 2010 - RAM Grand High Priest Distignuished Service Award
- 2010 - Knight Templar Distignuished Membership Award
- Member, Order of High Priesthood
- Member, Past Commander's Association, Past Virtual Pryor
- Member, Thrice Illustrious Master
- Affiliated Member of California Commandery #1, San Francisco
- 2011 - Knight Templar Recorder of the year
- 2012 - Meritorious Service Medal Award - Knights Templar
- 2011 - 2012 - Appointed to the advancing line as Grand Sentinel in Grand Council of California of Cryptic Masons
- 2012 - 2013 - Appointed Grand Steward in Grand Council of California of Cryptic Masons 2013 - 2014 -Appointed Grand Conductor of the Council in Grand Council of California of Cryptic Masons
- 2014 - 2015 - Elected Grand Principal Conductor of the Work of the Illustrious Grand Council of California of Cryptic Masons
- 2015 - Appointed Grand Council State Representative to Missouri
- 2015 - 2016 - Deputy Grand Master of the Illustrious Grand Council of California of Cryptic Masons
- 2017 - Appointed Ambassador to California-North for the General Grand Council of Cryptic Masons, International
Other Masonic Memberships:
- El Camino York Rite College - Currently Herald
- Allied Masonic Degrees, Golden Gate Council #95, Sovereign Master in 2006
- Red Cross of Constantine, St. Phillip Conclave, Puissant Sovereign 2015 - 2016
- Golden Gate Masters and Past Masters Association. President in 2011
- Knight Masons, Clanna Ruid Ruide #58, Past Excellent Chief
- Southern California Research Lodge
- Scottish Rite Research Society
- Golden Gate Research Society
- Member, King's Mountain Archers, Inc.
- Member, E. Clampus Vitus, Lord Sholto Douglas Chapter
- Member, Adult School Advisory Council for San Mateo, CA