North Central Region Happenings
Submitted by Steve Balke, General Grand Recorder, Cryptic Masons International
Anthony T. Johnson
North Central Regional Deputy General Grand Master
On August 3, a regional conference call was held wih the North Central Region Grand Recorders. These calls will be mentioned in the Decryption as a way to nofify every Companion of what is happening with each Region. The Jurisdictional Highlights of the call are below. Other Regional Calls will be covered in the upcoming weeks.
- Update letter went out.
- Fix the Proxy form for inclusion.
- GGR Office
- Reconciling Grand and Subordinate Councils.
- Vaulting the Obstacles – wanted by all.
- Lots of information is becoming available.
- Direction to public acceptance.
- Four candidates – 3 currently seated and one for international seat.
- North Central Conference
- Zoom meeting – TBD for planning – October 24.
- Chapter and Council – Open and Close – then breakout.
- York Rite Leadership Program
- Friday at Conferences 201
- Saturday at Conferences 101
- Very few exceptions: Attendees are from that Region.
- On Zoom.
- Blue Lodges starting degree work in August.
- No personal contact, food ok, but full precautions.
- Grand Officer’s Meetings going on Monthly.
- Grand Council – Zoom account for Councils to meet.
- Kicking off a Virtual Council in September. Council of Research… one meeting per year, election of officers, other meetings fraternal and educational.
- Working on meets and bounds now. ~Tentative – every other month.
- Starting with the Grand Officers as their counterparts in the Virtual Council.
- Live Grand Assembly on 15 August – Des Moines Scottish Rite Center.
- MIGM is taking registrations.
- North Dakota
- Government & Grand Lodge updates on Covid (your state). Our state is still open except for the required social distancing. Masks are recommended but not required. Some large businesses, such as Target, Walmart, etc, are requiring masks. Our Masonic Covid restrictions are still in place: social distancing, face masks, and no large groups.
- What your Members are doing (meetings and how) and any specific planned events. Not a lot of planned events, except for local groups using Zoom. We are looking at changing the outlook in the western part of the state. Right now we have Commandarie in one city, Chapter 90 miles away, and Council about ninety miles away in a different direction. We are having a Zoom meeting this week to look at placing all three in the same city or setting up two locations. The hope is that if all YR groups are in one city there will be more attendance. This came from one of the cities that is impacted. I will keep you guys posted.
- Any ideas or programs that are working (especially during this time). Outside of Zoom I have nothing.
- South Dakota
- Grand Sessions – September 19, 2020 0900 CDT GCN, 1000 CDT GKT, 1100 CDT GCH.
- Basics – Budget, Officers Staying, visitors. More info TBA.
- MWGM lifted significant barriers to meetings. Masks essentially required. Rapid City will require masks, hand sanitizers available, deep cleaning being done. All in anticipation of opening before or during September.
- Covid hasn’t necessarily had the same effect in SD, dark during summer.
- Grand Council Session on September 12, 2020.