North Central Region Happenings
Submitted by Stephen Balke, General Grand Recorder, Cryptic Masons International
North Central Regional Deputy General Grand Master
On October 5, 2020, a conference call was held with the North Central Region’s Recorders. A summary of the call is below.
Attendees: Dennis Newman, David Schrier, Dan Hobson, George Bauder, Leo Rognlin, Robin Hill, Michele Balke, Carl Lidstrom, Stephen Balke, Monty Glover
- Invocation – Dan Hobson
- GGC 48 – Hitting the Ground Running.
- Using Google Forms – Effective?
- Simple, Easy to use
- Focus meeting on ideas rather than easily iterable information.
- Triennial Assembly – Brief Discussion.
- Didn’t like voting on Zoom – Use the Forms
- Hybrid meetings will be inclusive of ALL types of travel limited Companions.
- Lodges are doing this, Michigan did this.
- Registration process is paramount to getting things done.
- $10.00 to CMMRF good idea.
- North Central York Rite Conference
- Online registration – Zoom meeting
- Charging $10.00 – donation to CMMRF
- Replacing “pass the hat” that would happen in person.
- Chapter Session – link is out.
- Commandery Session – GEKT Office will send out the link.
- Jurisdiction Events, Activities, and Programs.
- 10 new Companions in Nebraska
- 10 new Companions in Burlington, Iowa (Robin will follow up)
- Suggestions, Improvements, or Opportunities.
- Meeting time and day – Change to Thursday? Later in the day?
- 4th Thursday, 11:00 AM MDT/12:00 PM CDT
- November – Friday, November 27, 2020 (Thanksgiving)
- December – Thursday, December 31, 2020 (Christmas)
- Final Comments
- Yorkritewis.org new website.
- THe GGM invites all Companions to participate in “Fireside Chats” once each month. Open meeting for two-way conversation. Talk Stories.
- Benediction – George Bauder