North Central Regional Recorder’s Meeting – February 25, 2021
Submitted by Stephen Balke, General Grand Recorder, Cryptic Masons International
Cryptic Masons International Collar
Photo Credit; MIC John Bridegroom
On February 25, a conference call was held with the North Central Regional Recorders. A summary of the call is below.
Invocation: Dan Hobson
- Rusty and Robin Hill are resigning on March 20, 2021, for the Grand Secretary/Recorder Office for Iowa, Tim Anderson will be taking over responsibilities.
- Degree work in Burlington and up north.
- Chapter/Council/Commandery DesMoines, IA March 20, 2021.
- Iowa – ALL in person (not everyone attends, but showing if comfortable).
- Grand Sessions
- August 7, 2021 (TBD)
- From Airport Holiday Inn to AASR Consistory.
- Planning stages – Commandery separate.
- Commandery – June 4-5, 2021 still in planning stages. (Drill Thursday Night)
- Officers meeting (monthly) – virtually using Zoom.
- The second meeting of Grand Master Hiram Council happened.
- History of the Cryptic Council – James McNeely
- Grand Sessions – in-person
- June 24-26, 2021
- Most meetings are virtual presently, but migrating to in-person.
- Restricted to spacing/social distancing requirements. No food in Lodges.
- Both Governor and MWGM
- Festivals are postponed until restrictions even out.
- Awards have been processed.
- Green – no restrictions from Governor – follow health department.
- Grand Sessions
- April 15-17 in person, Kearny, NE – Holiday Inn.
- The hotel will have reduced table occupancy, sanitizers, social distancing.
- DGGM attending.
- Festivals (March)
- 1st Saturday – RAM
- 3rd Saturday – RSM
- Councils meeting according to leadership decisions.
- Greeted – Much activity, one Council earned Ten Percent Gain
- RDGGM and MN contingent RSVPs.
- May 14-15, 2021 – Bismarck, ND
- Grand Forks and Fargo doing degree work every meeting – culminating May 4, 2021, in Grand Forks.
- The state is Green – MWGM enforcing social distancing.
- Grand Sessions
- Hybrid – Observable portions streamed – no interactive participation.
- July 8-10, 2021 – Ramada Inn, Bismarck, ND
- Currently in planning.
- Awards – working on it.
- YR is using Zoom
- Dais are meeting monthly.
- Candidates moving through.
- Green state.
- East – Sioux Falls meetings on Zoom continuing through March. Pierre is in-person. Rapid City is on Zoom.
- Up to leadership in the local body.
- Working in the Chapters and Councils – some have postponed.
- Grand Sessions – Planned in-person
- September 16-18, 2021 (Correct on Calendar)
- Starting the planning sessions next week.
- Tentatively – Ramada Inn, Mitchell, SD.
- Doug McFarland is limiting his interactivities to pay attention to health.
- Shutdown – essentially
- Grand Session
- Chapter and Council
- May 1, 2021
- 50,000.00 Matching until April 1, 2021
- March 6, 2021, is CMMRF Day
- Working to inform the Craft.
- Suggest working with the Eastern Star.
General Grand Council
- Rolling out a convergence platform on OneNote.
- Working with getting communication up with all Grand Councils and Subordinate Councils.
- Dates for the 1st Triennial Meeting
- August 13-14, 2021 – Minneapolis, MN
- First Day – Education, Training, CMMRF, etc.
- GG Assembly – Constitution & Bylaws Changes, Grand and Subordinate Charters
- GEKT has been the epitome of York Rite Cooperation. Essentially hosting us.
- Registrations will be one – the GEKT will have a registration, ours will be a part of it.
- Registrations should be available in early March.
- Education speaker for GEKT on Sunday.
- Mid-Term Session – August of 2022 – Budget – Virtual.
- August/September 2023 – General Grand Assembly
- Kevin Sample, Chair.
- Awaiting books being closed for 2020 Triennial from General Grand Chapter.
- International Work – Focus of the GG Officers
- Fireside Chat – Sunday 4PM
Benediction: Sean Gardiner