Northeast Regional Recorder’s Meeting – December 10, 2020
Submitted by Stephen Balke, General Grand Recorder, Cryptic Masons International
Cryptic Masons International Collar
Photo Credit; MIC John Bridegroom
On December 10, 2020, a conference call was held with the Northeast Regional Recorders. A summary of the call is below.
In Attendance: Mark Irwin, John Lawson, Vernon Huebschman, Rick Howe, John Gallant, Patrick Nnaji, David Schuler, Michele Balke, Sandy Karstens, Stephen Balke, G. Thomas Taylor. William G. Snyder
Invocation: Chuck Roberts
General Grand Council –
- Current issues in Brazil and short history.
- Current office status –
- First Responder Award
- Time to work on programs and initiatives.
- Dates to come for next few
- Christmas Observance is Saturday, December 12, 2020
- Stu Dross/Chuck McCollum
- Grand Master – No in-person meetings – revisit on January 11, 2021.
- A lot of participation on Zoom – Appendant Bodies working virtually.
- Sessions planning for options (hotel got sold to the County)
District of Columbia
- Special Semi-Annual 23 January – Grand Council
- Grand Lodge – 5PM December 12, 2020 – Annual Communication – Virtual – Zoom
- March 20, 2021 – Annual Assembly for Grand Council – in person (tentatively)
- Christmas Observance – Zoom –
- 50 max for any gathering per Governor
- Guidelines for degrees and meetings – encouragement for staying in your District.
- Shutdown anticipated by the end of the year.
- York Rite meetings at a standstill – suspensions by local bodies on a month to month basis.
- Chapters have had Candidates locally.
- 10 Greetings in November – attendance deliberately limited to degree team and Candidates.
- Maryland – County Governments are the restriction origins, some bodies are meeting in other Counties.
- January – Lodge Installations – York Rite traditionally dormant, except to welcome the new Worshipful Masters at the Lodge.
- February – Secretaries, Recorders, and Treasurers meeting/school; scheduled as a virtual session, but may go live – modules being built to break up the virtual setting.
- General and specific topics including minutes, annual returns, 990, etc.
- Semi-Annual Meeting – May – not yet scheduled.
- Annual Meeting – October 22-23, 2021 planned in person. Ocean City, MD. Dunes Hotel.
- CMMRF Donations – New address:
- Cryptic Mason Medical Research Foundation
- PO Box 210
- Brownsburg IN, 46112-0210
- York Rite Bodies – Suspend degree work until the New Year.
- Covid up – Zoom utilization starting to be used more.
- May Annual Sessions – still planned for in person.
- First Responder goes through the Grand Bodies.
- Grand Lodge met in November – limited to 125 people – social distancing.
- Christmas Observance last Sunday – 12/7/2020
- Zoom for all meetings until further notice.
- Northstar program – used to funnel and schedule for degree work.
- Commandery and Masonry development across New York following the Erie Canal, Ron Brown – January 19, 2021
- Statewide – Christmas Observance – December 15, 2021
- Grand Lodge – Leadership and Development – holding Zoom meetings/training
- Begin the process of Masonic Development – Road to the East – Master’s Development
- Coming in January
- Other special Programs
- Governor – 10 people gathering – restaurants 25%
- Grand Master – DDGMs by County – based on County stats/laws
- No county hopping – no visitations.
- MIGM in quarantine – son has COVID.
- GG Grand Commandery and Lady – COVID.
- Grand Lodge Communication – May 2021 – planned alternative/hybrid/options.
- Zoom accounts from Grand Commandery distributed throughout the Zones.
- Local bodies are doing Zoom meetings.
- Quarantine 14 days – Statewide.
- Grand Lodge – We’re closed for the foreseeable future – in person.
- Zoom – Chapter/Council today.
- MIGM – Zoom meetings limited – full ritual to open/close.
- Semi-Annual Chapter and Council – Staying the same 2021-22 year.
- Christmas Observances – M/RI – Zoom Observance December 18, 2020
- Grand Lodge/Governor – In-person events restricted/closed.
- Thanksgiving was interesting.
- Edicts last month in support of Grand Lodge from York Rite
- Shutdown until further notice.
- Christmas Observance – UNK
- Annual Session still planned for in-person tentatively.
- Working on getting things organized.
- State Chairmen Zoom meetings and learning sessions.
- Thumbdrive for the State Chairs –
- Literature, envelopes, memorials, etc.
- Dr. Murphy presentation
- “Non-medicalese” program explanation.
- Need to update CMMRF with information/State Chairs/officers, etc.
- $500,000 by July 1 – Purpose drive fundraiser.
- Stem cell processing apparatus (stop having to send to Harvard – time and money savings)
- Encapsulator was the last purchase – allowed for several projects to go forward.
- Provide tools and resources to explain our Charity and raise funds.
Benediction: Mark Irwin