Northeast Regional Recorder’s Meeting – November 12, 2020
Submitted by Stephen Balke, General Grand Recorder, Cryptic Masons International
Cryptic Masons International Collar
Photo Credit; MIC John Bridegroom
On November 12, 2020, a conference call was held with the Northwest Regional Recorders. A summary of the call is below.
In Attendance: Mark Irwin, John Lawson, Dennis Sheridan, Bruce Howard, Bill Krzwick, Rick Howe, Sylvanus Newstead, David Schuler, Tom Tsirimokos, John Gallant, Patrick Nnaji, Robert Maddix, Steve Rubenstein, Michele Balke, Jay B. Walsh, Sandy Karstens, Chuck Roberts, John Miller, Stephen Balke, G. Thomas Taylor
General Grand Council
- Ritual Award – Work currently done is valid – new items coming.
- Fireside Chat – 4th Sundays 5:00 PM EST.
- Register for the 71st Triennial Convocation – https://triennial.org
- Technology is being rolled out in stages.
- Planned to be Combined at this point – see what’s going to happen with GG Chapter.
- York Rite Leadership Courses are planned for Saturday alternating on months.
- To York Rite Leadership – Please consider Shabbot
- Balanced across Religions – Sat/Sun alternatives work.
- Desmond in Albany, NY – September planned in person.
- Grand Master – Visit – Covid – Entire Grand Staff quarantined. Cancelled upcoming 3 visits.
- Memorandum – Allowed limited in person meetings – ADHERE to restrictions – virtual meetings are authorized.
- Grand Session – March – Possibly virtual – lost hotel, Arrangements POC, space issues, ongoing concerns with COVID.
- Planned state-wide Festivals in February – playing by ear.
District of Columbia
- Not meeting in person – 12 December in person for Grand Lodge?
- Looking to March 20 – TBD in-person (hoping and planning) vs. virtual
- Saturday – Grand Chapter 10AM, Grand Commandery 2PM
- Grand Council Visitation – Last Saturday in February – Planning Virtual
- Decision by January.
- Grand Lodge Annual Communication Virtual Meeting 21 November 2020
- 50 People or less
- Doing degree work but slow
- Planning on April Session in Bangor ME
- Cryptic Education Course – February 27 – Zoom – Using Cryptic Education by Bob Davis
- Maryland Grand Sessions in person – Randy Disney is the new MIGM – good session.
- Festivals going on with limited and social distancing.
- Maryland Grand Lodge 21 November 2020
- Annual York Rite Sessions on 31st – 2nd year of 3 years as MIGM
- Friday – 10 people limit – Governor
- Zoom is being used to keep local bodies going.
- No changes – in person meetings – spiking may change that.
- Grand Lodge Meets on the 21st with limited attendance to 125
- Grand Sessions still scheduled for Mother’s Day weekend in May
- In Person… GEKT – Need facilities to have remote connectivity.
- Planning Single Day Session for Chapter/Council – In Person – Elected line in person
- Voting Membership only – no dinner
- Emergent legislation only
- 1st Weekend in March
- 25% Occupancy – May Change – Curfew – Spiking
- Grand Commandery – Virtual Session
- Yellow Zone – Lockdown – by city
- Curfew 9:30 PM – Governor
- Zoom meetings in place, authorizable by the Illustrious Master for Councils.
- Voting and balloting suspended
- MIGM – Edict 3 – Same protocols as the Grand Master of Masons
- No Degree work.
- Changes to MWGM Edict will be reflective in Grand Council
- Align with the Governor for minimum/maximum population in person.
- Minimum 5 present to vote.
- MWGM – No virtual voting in the State of New York
- Grand Lodge Communication – Hybrid – New Rochel, NY – May – 1st Monday 3-4 Tent.
- Grand Assembly – August 20-21 – In Person – Albany
- Grand Chapter Convocation – Mar 1, 2021 – Unica, NY (May have to go virtual)
- Local Chapter/Council/Commandery are meeting on Zoom (not metro)
- Grand Assembly scheduled for April – 3rd week (during week) – Grantville
- Grand Master – Closed all Lodges and Concordant/Appendant bodies – November 14
- Likely Extended
- Grand Lodge on 21 November 2020 (YouTube)
- 1900 Grand Chapter 12 November 2020 – Zoom
- 2000 Grand Council 12 November 2020 – Zoom
- Councils are currently meeting virtually (Some in person)
- Sessions – March 26-27 – in person planned with virtual alternative.
- COVID SPIKE – Travel ban. Quarantine 14 days.
- Governor – maintain meetings of related people – less than 10 people.
- No Degree work.
- “Ice Incident” – Shut down St. Michael’s College
- Zoom meetings on the board during the spike.
- Grand Master – Limited to 10 people.
- Annual Session in June – No determinations made – Planning with variables.
- Best Practices
- Maybe article from Corey Curtiss, Bob Troutman, Ryan Groat?
- Programs and Resources
- Videos and Job Aids