Adult Youth Leadership Award
- RECIPIENTS - Rainbow, Jobs, DeMolay, or Triangle Youth Advisor
- SPONSOR - Most Illustrious Grand Master
- AWARDED - Annual Awards/At Event
- AWARDING - Service to Masonic Youth Groups
- PRICE - COMPLIMENTS of the GENERAL GRAND COUNCIL
- Replacement Medal - $25.00
- Replacement Pin - $10.00
- Replacement or Retroactive Certificate - $5.00
Many people ensure the future of our society by supporting the Masonic Family Youth Organizations. Advisors, Dads and Moms are an integral part of keeping these organizations operating and offering the opportunity and knowledge of how to lead a moral and well-balanced life to our maturing generations and offer opportunities for their members to be exposed to the adult organizations.
As of the 33rd Triennial, the General Grand Council makes available one Adult Youth Leadership Award to each Grand Council to recognize a volunteer from the International Order of Rainbow for Girls, Jobs Daughters International or DeMolay International within their jurisdiction. We currently also support the Organization of Triangles, Inc., a youth organization for young ladies between the ages of 10 and 21 years old, in New York State. In 1996, this award became available to recognize non-Masons, including ladies. Since 1978, some hundreds have been awarded, but this award is currently under-utilized as a method of encouraging the support of youth groups and the awareness of the Council. The following rules apply to the dissemination of the award:
- One medal may be awarded annually in each Grand Council.
- Only one medal may be awarded triennially in each Constituent Council of the General Grand Council.
- Each Grand Council and each Constituent Council shall determine its own method of selecting their nominee.
- No posthumous awards shall be made.
- The award shall be made for exceptional and meritorious service above and beyond the call of duty.
- The General Grand Recorder shall be given the Annual Awards Form for a Grand Council filled out in full by the Grand Recorder at least thirty (30) days in advance of the Grand Assembly (or date of presentation if different), forty-five (45) days if outside the continental United States. Constituent Councils shall give the form with the information of the selected Cryptic Mason at least six months prior to the next Triennial Assembly. These timelines allow for engraving, packaging and shipping, as well as some time for ensuring that all arrives as it should.
- The General Grand Recorder shall cause the name of the honoree to be engraved upon the medal and forwarded to the Grand Recorder or Recorder, if to a Constituent Council, at the earliest time following receipt of the completed form.