An opportunity to recognize members of our Masonic Family and Community, the Veteran Recognition is a “Thank You” to those who serve (or have served) and an opportunity for the Council to reach “to and through the Lodge” to show that Masonry respects those who “wrote a blank check” to preserve their country.
- RECIPIENTS – Any Veteran of their country (not currently at war with the United States) Honorably Discharged from service.
- This Includes Past Service – Retirees or Those Who Went on to Other Careers are Eligible
- SPONSOR MUST BE – A Cryptic Mason
- AWARDED – Upon Submission/At Event
- RECOGNIZING – Military Service
This award may be presented by ANY Masonic Family body that wishes to recognize any qualifying individual. The certificate presented will reflect the sponsoring body and be signed by the presiding officer and secretary/recorder of that body.
The Cryptic Mason Veterans Award is rich in symbolism and honors a Veteran’s Service while simultaneously displaying the character of Cryptic Masonry.
- In its center, it has the title “Veteran”, along with the Broken Triangle emblem from the Seal. This not only refers to the Cryptic Degrees, but also alludes to the concept that “All give some, but some gave all.”
- Surrounding this is a Golden ring with 27 stars, representing the 27 who were chosen to work in the Secret Vault, and selfless service to benefit mankind.
- Enclosing this ring is a 9 pointed star, composed of 9 silver trowels. This references the 9 arches of Cryptic Masonry, as well as the spreading of that mystic cement which unites us as a band of Brothers.
- Behind these are the laurel leaves, which signify this award comes from the General Grand Council and represents the laurel leaves of victory.
General Grand Council
Veteran Recognition Full Presentation50.00 Select optionsStore: General Grand Council