South Central Region Happenings – December 16, 2020
Submitted by Steve Balke, General Grand Recorder, Cryptic Masons International
John L. Logan
South Central Regional Deputy General Grand Master
On December 16, a regional conference call was held with the South Central Region South Grand Recorders. These calls will be mentioned in the Decryption as a way to notify every Companion of what is happening with each Region. The Jurisdictional Highlights of the call are below. Other Regional Calls will be covered in the upcoming weeks.
In Attendance: Michele Balke, Jon Greene, Donald MacCormick, Tim Israel, Kevin Sample, Allan Jackson, Dick Browning, Stephen Balke, and Monty Glover.
Invocation: Tim Israel
- Nothing is going on – everything shut down since early December (Councils and Commanderies since September).
- Meeting prior to the 15th of January to plan for Grand Sessions (March 10-12) – looking like it’s going to be virtual.
- If in-person – 1 day at the Scottish Rite Temple.
- Going to limit the number of people who can attend, box lunches, etc.
- Not much changed. Not meeting much.
- Sessions – 1st week of May – still planned in person, but TBD.
- Still planning Sessions in late February – will be determining.
- Half the Councils meeting – some work virtually or hybrid sessions.
- Education! Focus. Lots of work and participation.
- Hoping for the best, planning for the worst with the Grand Sessions.
- June 9-12, 2021
- Chapter 9th, Council 10th, Commandery 11th, Drill 12th, Banquet on June 11.
- Just completed four virtual York Rite Conferences – organized by all three bodies.
- Good presentations – recorded getting ready to post to the website.
- Dr. Paul Daniels – CMMRF – Video/Audio overlay of Dr. Murphy’s slides.
- Council is adopting presentation branding.
- Regional Conferences – lacking for the Chapter and Council.
- Annual Return season –
- 2 hours under MMS.
- Accepting Remissions at this point.
- Grand Lodge – Edict – Meeting in-person or virtually according to city/county guidelines.
- Leadership is able to accommodate membership decisions to protect members.
- Updated Calendar on the website with (Missouri) Region dates and meetings.
- MW Robert G. Davis –
- Elections in December for Lodges – in person.
- York Rite followed suit.
- Meeting about once each month.
- Some degrees in person –
- Custodians of the Work revamped ritual for Social Distancing.
- Session – mid-April, planning for any conditions, but hoping to meet in person.
- MEGHP is Grand Secretary. Busy.
- September 17-18, 2021 – Link on the website for Missouri
- Don will follow up with the schedules, tours, etc. for the Conference.
General Grand Council
- Appreciation for the York Rite in the United States.
- Issues in Brazil –
- Grand Chapter allowing unrecognized Masons.
- Grand Lodges have pulled authorization to operate from the Grand Chapter.
- Grand Lodge of Sao Paolo started Grand Chapter.
- GEKT recognized SP Grand Chapter.
- GGCCMI recognized SP Grand Chapter.
- Grand Chapter now setting up Grand Council and Grand Commandery.
- Issues in Italy –
- Grand High Priest filing unpublished charges against Council personnel.
- To take control points on Council operations.
- Working with Kevin Sample on planning.
- Trying to get an accounting from the General Grand Chapter Triennial Committee.
- Fireside Chats – December 27th.
- Holiday Message – Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas
Benediction: Donald MacCormick