Southeast Regional Recorder’s Meeting – March 10, 2021
Submitted by Stephen Balke, General Grand Recorder, Cryptic Masons International
Cryptic Masons International Collar
Photo Credit; MIC John Bridegroom
On March 10, a conference call was held with the Southeast Regional Recorders. A summary of the call is below.
- CMMRF – Fundraising focus with meetings with Councils.
- Open for meetings – Social Distancing and masks – no issue if people are uncomfortable.
- Festivals are ongoing and trying to catch up.
- Whoever produces the most Candidates – Council gets a $300 bonus gift to charity.
- Kroger gifts – seeing if can facilitate direct contributions as well
- Sessions went well – planned for February 2021.
- Annual Sessions
- May 16-19 – In-person – FLA YORK RITE MASONS ONLY.
- Festivals ongoing – in-person.
- 33 new Companions
- Commandery next weekend 42 new Sir Knights/33 new Sir Knights (2 Conclaves)
- Meetings are ongoing and in person. Masks and social distancing are enforced – food up to the individual body.
- Recently opened Commanderies to Phase I
- Chapter/Council – recommending social distancing
- MWGM – no degree work.
- Waiting on the Governor of Georgia to relax the laws for COVID.
- Festival April 17, 2021, Postponed (Marietta).
- Macon, GA; Grand Chapter Building
- All three
- May 3, 2021 – Business Session – GA YORK RITE MASONS ONLY
- May 15, 2021 – Memorial, Awards and Officer Installation
- No Side/Chair degrees.
- Actively adopted Zoom – meetings 4-5 times a week across bodies.
- New website – revamped for UI and friendliness – Blue Lodge centric
- Annual Sessions –
- Zoom –
- May 22, 2021
- Registration etc. forthcoming
- Meetings ongoing
- Social distancing and masks – up to local leadership.
- Ronald L. Thomas Ritual Award Form
- Working into regular Festivals – some very active, some coming on board.
- Annual Sessions
- Virtual Session Zoom
- Monday, March 22, 2021
- In-person – 2022 – Clemmons, NC; Village Inn Events Center
- March 20-22, 2022
- As of Monday –
- Commandery – Phase 1B – In-person meetings
- Chapter and Council are active.
- April 17th – Salisbury, NC (All three bodies)
- Festivals are going on for Council.
- Summer Assembly – TBD, likely not to happen due to timing & venues.
- 2022 – Time Capsule
- Will be opened.
- Send in small memories for the time capsule.
- 50,000.00 Matching until April 1, 2021
- Working to inform the Craft.
General Grand Council
- Rolling out a convergence platform on OneNote.
- Working with getting communication up with all Grand Councils and Subordinate Councils.
- Dates for the 1st Triennial Meeting
- August 13-14, 2021 – Minneapolis, MN
- First Day – Education, Training, CMMRF, etc.
- GG Assembly – Constitution & Bylaws Changes, Grand and Subordinate Charters
- GEKT has been the epitome of York Rite Cooperation. Essentially hosting us.
- Registrations will be one – the GEKT will have a registration, ours will be a part of it.
- Registrations should be available in early March.
- Education speaker for GEKT on Sunday.